Position Summary: Setup and maintain an appealing retail environment and assist all customers with their shopping and purchase of merchandise.
Required Experience: Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication and customer service skills. Preferred experience with Parts & Accessories of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to learn quickly. At least 3 years of sales experience. Experience with point-of-sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers. Must be able to get along with a broad customer base. Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
Interface with Service Technicians and ensure their Parts and Accessories needs are being met.
Recommend related Parts and Accessories, which may be required for a job.
Notify service personnel when special parts or back-ordered parts are received.
· Maintain cleanliness of Parts and Accessories Department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly.
· Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean and appealing to customers
Provide excellence customer service to all of the dealership’s customers.
· Must possess multitasking skills while maintain individual customer satisfaction.
Handle all forms of method of payments. Accept cash & credit card payments for merchandise purchases. Keep cash register accurate.
· Assist in organizing stock room and replenishing stock parts in correct locations.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for parts and accessories.
· Ability to look up parts and quote prices for parts using proper catalogue for particular motorcycle.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Notify customers ASAP when ordered parts arrive or of any changes or delays.
Develop and share knowledge of all Parts and Accessories merchandise, parts history, and motorcycle service.
Must possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise and offer additional product that may compliment the customer purchase.
Assist customers with determination of Parts and Accessories requirements and research merchandise in catalogues.
Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, and appealing to customers.
· Communicates effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services.
· Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Other Duties – As assigned.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Must have the ability to stand and walk the sales floor and parts room for most of the day and frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 25-50 lbs. of merchandise.
· Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motorcycle Service Department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Compensation: We offer a top employer contributing benefit package to include: health, dental and life insurance. Harley-Davidson of Greenville offers a principle 401K program, paid vacation and a great environment to excel and grow.
Make the move and join the Harley-Davidson of Greenville team today!
About Harley-Davidson of Greenville
We strive to make the atmosphere at Harley-Davidson of Greenville pleasant and rewarding to customers and employees. In July 2004 Harley-Davidson of Greenville opened a new and larger location at 30 Chrome Drive with over 35,000 sq. ft. of Harley awesomeness.
Today Harley-Davidson of Greenville offers customers high quality merchandise with the upmost respect to our customers and the Harley-Davidson brand. Our number one priority is to service our customers to the best of our ability and help them live the dream of owning a Harley-Davidson. We are dedicated to making Harley-Davidson of Greenville a comfortable and trustworthy environment for Harley-Davidson enthusiasts of all ages and walks of life.
We carry pre-owned and new Harley-Davidson motorcycles and offer top-quality service and repairs. Our parts department services customers with Genuine Harley-Davidson Motor Parts and Accessories, as well as aftermarket parts and accessories. The General Merchandise and MotorClothes department offers Harley enthusiasts all they need to make the ride more comfortable and enjoyable