Harley-Davidson of Greenville, the largest volume dealer of Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, Parts & Accessories, and General Merchandise and is seeking a General Merchandise Buyer/Manager with a positive attitude and self motivated as well as self directed in getting things done. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must.
Job Title: General Merchandise Buyer/Manager
Department: General Merchandise
Reports To: General Manager
Work Hours/Days: Evenings and weekends. Full Time.
Position Summary: The General Merchandise Buyer/Manager will work with the management team to develop and maintain a seasonal budget with an overall focus. Skills will include buying, negotiating, monitoring changes in the market, controlling inventory, developing budgets, performing cost analyses and build relationships. This position requires a high level of confidentiality.
· Foster positive relationships with current vendors. Negotiate prices, obtain quotes and settle on agreements with vendors.
· Source and build relations with new suppliers.
· Source and select new products through catalogs and by attending national Harley-Davidson Dealer Meeting events.
· Hiring and training of all General Motorclothes sales staff. Responsible for setting department goals with each sales staff.
· Stay current with product knowledge and ensure sales staff is up-to-date on all training through HDU.
· Monitor market changes, competitor prices and products.
· Control inventory and understand inventory turns in which to develop a buying schedule.
· Determine and present a competitive commission plan for general merchandise staff.
· Perform cost analyses and scenario analyses. Develop and control department budget.
· Run and process reports using Talon. Ability to interpret reports and predict future sales. Analyze past sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying pattern.
· Move inventory and varying delivery schedules to help control stock levels.
· Ability to plan markdown schedules.
· Monitor the progress of orders and ensure on-time arrival and correct quantities. Perform quality checks when receiving inventory to ensure products meet standards.
· Assist staff in planning store layouts to promote key lines.
· Work with the Marketing Manager in order to present promotions and new items.
· Have a passion for retail.
· Understand the buying process and procurement/supply chain function.
· Knowledge of sales practices.
· An understanding of what motivates customers to buy individual products.
· Creativity and attention to detail.
· Ability to work with limited supervision and make decisions.
· Teamwork and leadership skills.
· Communicates effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Work well in fast-paced environment.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentational skills.
· Detail oriented, logical and methodological approach to problem solving.
Compensation: We offer a top employer contributing benefit package to include: health, dental and life insurance. Harley-Davidson of Greenville offers a principle 401K program, paid vacation and a great environment to excel and grow.
Job Type: Full-Time
Required Experience: High school diploma or GED, 4 years retail sales experience, 2 years experience in buying and or management. Harley-Davidson General Merchandise experience and basic product knowledge a plus. Must have strong MS Excel and Word knowledge, mathematical skills; very proficient in budget development and presentation.
Make the move and join the Harley-Davidson of Greenville team today!
About Harley-Davidson of Greenville
We strive to make the atmosphere at Harley-Davidson of Greenville pleasant and rewarding to customers and employees. In July 2004 Harley-Davidson of Greenville opened a new and larger location at 30 Chrome Drive with over 35,000 sq. ft. of Harley awesomeness.
Today Harley-Davidson of Greenville offers customers high quality merchandise with the upmost respect to our customers and the Harley-Davidson brand. Our number one priority is to service our customers to the best of our ability and help them live the dream of owning a Harley-Davidson. We are dedicated to making Harley-Davidson of Greenville a comfortable and trustworthy environment for Harley-Davidson enthusiasts of all ages and walks of life.
We carry pre-owned and new Harley-Davidson motorcycles and offer top-quality service and repairs. Our parts department services customers with Genuine Harley-Davidson Motor Parts and Accessories, as well as aftermarket parts and accessories. The General Merchandise and MotorClothes department offers Harley enthusiasts all they need to make the ride more comfortable and enjoyable