Intakes customer vehicles, diagnoses problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
Key Result Areas
· Service Department Operations
· Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Service Department Operations
· Assist Service Manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
· Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
· Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts before job starts.
· Perform cashier functions, as needed.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
· Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including and proper storage of these items.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management
· Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
· Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Avoid making commitments which can not (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
· No Supervisory Responsibilities
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Maintain up to date technical qualification by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· Superior communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
· Knowledge and experience with servicing BMW and KTM motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
· Experience with point-of-sale and Parts and Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
· Current, valid motorcycle license.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
· Occasionally requires the ability to lift 75 pounds of material.
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a(n) 1000 motorcycle.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or airborne other particles.
About Grand Junction Harley-Davidson, BMW & KTM
To do just one thing; Motorcycles - and to do it better than we did it yesterday. We will exceed our customers expectations, fulfill their dreams, and treat them as family!