GP Motorcycles is a large multi-line European motorcycle dealership with a high-volume service department, and we are currently seeking an entry-level technician to perform Assembly and Pre-Delivery Inspections.
We are looking for a enthusiastic team-player with basic experience in motorcycle service and maintenance experience; familiarity with Ducati, Aprilia, MV Agusta, Husqvarna, KTM, Moto Guzzi preferred but not required. MMI graduate or equivalent preferred.
The PDI/Assembly Tech Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uncrating of motorcycles as needed;
- Assembly of uncrated motorcycles;
- Basic Pre-Delivery Inspection, including all required documentation and record keeping;
- Test riding of prepped motorcycles;
- Minor servicing including oil and tire changes.
The ideal applicant with be:
- Clean, well-organized and efficient;
- Detail oriented with focus on quality;
- Dependable, self-motivated with have a positive attitude.
- Must have valid class “C” California driver’s license (preferably with M1 endorsement), must be insurable with a clean driving record preferred;
- MMI graduate or equivalent preferred;
- 2 years+ riding experience, motorcycle enthusiast preferred;
- Physical ability to efficiently push/load/organize dozens of bikes daily;
- Excellent customer service skills with some retailing experience preferred;
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Pay and Benefits:
- Starting pay $18.00/hour, full-time (40 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday 9am-6pm). Overtime not authorized;
- Medical/Dental covered 100% with Acupuncture and Chiropractic included;
- Company Matching 401K;
- Advancement opportunities available.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Qualified applicants PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO firstname.lastname@example.org
About GP Motorcycles
In the early '90s, two avid motorcycle enthusiasts rolled up the doors of GP Motorcycles for the first time. Their passion for the classic style and character of such marques as BSA, Triumph, Norton and Ducati, led to the opening GP Motorcycles, with the intent to fill a cultural void in downtown San Diego -- a "cool place" to hang out, eat, sleep, and breathe European motorcycles.
It was this passion for motorcycles with "old world" style and characteristic exhaust notes that paved the way for what now seems a very natural transition to the sexy lines and throaty roar of the modern machines of Ducati, MV Agusta, Moto Guzzi, KTM, Husqvarna, and Aprilia. Over the past 24+ years, GP Motorcycles has grown from a small, mostly-vintage bike shop to a thriving multi-brand dealership that has been named the top-selling dealer in the country for each of its franchises over the years. Even with the advent of all the modern machinery, the team at GP still exude a passion for the vintage & classic European bikes that brought the shop into existence. And, GP is still the coolest place to hang out in downtown San Diego.