GP Motorcycles, San Diego’s premier European motorcycle dealer for over 26 years is now hiring! We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will be our next lot attendant/bike delivery expert. GP Motorcycles is family-owned and operated small business that focuses on providing the best customer service experience, and that begins with how we treat our employees; with respect in a positive work environment.
The Multi-Departmental Lot Attendant position is the “dealership assistant” position. Duties include but are not limited to:
- moving, organizing, and cleaning of customer motorcycles as well as major unit inventory for sale;
- loading/unloading, delivering, picking up of sold/traded-in motorcycles;
- delivering and picking up of customer bikes using a company vehicle;
- Performing minor check-overs of trade-ins for cosmetic damage, and/or service-related issues;
- test driving of units to ensure the integrity of the work performed;
- assisting the sales and parts departments with general organizational tasks to maintain cleanliness and efficiency of the workplace.
- Must have valid class “C” California driver’s license (preferably with M1 endorsement), must be insurable with a clean driving record preferred;
- 2 years+ riding experience, motorcycle enthusiast preferred;
- Physical ability to efficiently push/load/organize dozens of bikes daily:
- Excellent customer service skills with some retailing experience preferred;
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Pay and Benefits:
- Starting pay $15.00/hour, full-time (40 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday 9am-6pm). Overtime not authorized;
- Medical/Dental covered 100% with Acupuncture and Chiropractic included;
- Company Matching 401K;
- Advancement opportunities available.
About GP Motorcycles
In the early '90s, two avid motorcycle enthusiasts rolled up the doors of GP Motorcycles for the first time. Their passion for the classic style and character of such marques as BSA, Triumph, Norton and Ducati, led to the opening GP Motorcycles, with the intent to fill a cultural void in downtown San Diego -- a "cool place" to hang out, eat, sleep, and breathe European motorcycles.
It was this passion for motorcycles with "old world" style and characteristic exhaust notes that paved the way for what now seems a very natural transition to the sexy lines and throaty roar of the modern machines of Ducati, MV Agusta, Moto Guzzi, KTM, Husqvarna, and Aprilia. Over the past 24+ years, GP Motorcycles has grown from a small, mostly-vintage bike shop to a thriving multi-brand dealership that has been named the top-selling dealer in the country for each of its franchises over the years. Even with the advent of all the modern machinery, the team at GP still exude a passion for the vintage & classic European bikes that brought the shop into existence. And, GP is still the coolest place to hang out in downtown San Diego.