JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: Service Technician
REPORTS TO: Service Manager / Shop Forman
POSITION INFORMATION: The primary responsibility of this position will be to perform vehicle repairs and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. It is most important that each vehicle be “fixed right the first time” and this should be the primary goal on each repair.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Perform work as outlined on each repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
2) Use “strategy based diagnostic procedure” to determine cause of any malfunction and perform repairs as authorized and required.
3) Record labor code information on repair order from repair manual when required for fuel and electrical repairs
4) Acquire service manager’s authorization prior to performing any operation requiring more than allowed factory or standard flat rate hours.
5) All warranty parts must be tagged with minimum of date and repair order number, and placed in the designed area to be held for warranty review or return request.
6) Examine each vehicle to determine if additional safety or maintenance work is required.
7) Record repairs required to correct condition on each line of the repair order.
8) Road-test vehicles as required making sure customer complaint is resolved and double check each vehicle to insure it is as clean as when it came in.
9) Attend training and shop meetings as required.
10) Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins and any other information that would assist you in performing your job.
11) Keep your work area and locker area clean and well organized at all times.
12) Return all manuals and shop tools to their proper location after each use.
13) Observe all dealership safety rules and regulations.
14) Perform any task as directed by management.