Job Title: Service Adviser
Reports to: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Salary-Commission/Exempt/Safety Sensitive
Intakes customer vehicles, reports problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
· Outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication & customer service skills.
· Knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
· Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge & experience with computers.
· Current, Motorcycle endorsement or the ability to obtain one
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist Service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Sell other parts and services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
· Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
· Relay problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
· Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
· Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts used.
· Perform cashier functions, as needed.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Forward all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
· Assist Chrome consultant with parts requirements and fitment when needed.
· Follow up with every customer having work in progress and completed.
· Use the Menu system to sell parts and services to all customers.
· Follow up and pull warranty return calls for warranty administrator.
· Make sure the counter is covered by yourself, another writer, or manager at all times.
· Close out all internal tickets before going home each day.
· Complete all paperwork required of service writers each day.
· Maintain accurate and productive scheduling system.
· Treat both import and H-D customers with the highest level of respect and dignity.
· Make sure sales department is treated as one of services best customers.
· Ensure wash bay to-be-done board is strictly adhered to throughout each day.
· Manage wash bay staff through the job duty boards posted on wash bay walls.
· Always under promise and over deliver with work and price.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Notify customers ASAP of any changes, delays, or additional work needed. Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
· Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our
· commitment to Make Things Right.
· Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Avoid making commitments which cannot (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
· Other Duties – As Assigned
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
· Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
· May be required to work odd, unusual or extended hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled) and participate with the E-Verify Employment Eligibility program
About GO AZ Motorcycles
Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale & Go AZ Motorcycles in Scottsdale, AZ as well as Southern Thunder Harley Davidson in Southaven, MS strive to engage our customers in meaningful and long-lasting relationships. We are passionate about motorcycles, the people who ride them and the community in which they ride. Our offering includes the best brands, employing well-trained and motivated staff, promoting safe and responsible riding, and actively connecting with and giving back to the local community we serve.
GO AZ Motorcycles was recently ranked as the #1 Dealership in North America by Powersports Business, we are the largest motorcycle dealership in Arizona representing world class brands including BMW, Ducati, Honda, Vespa, KTM, Triumph, Kawasaki, Ural, and Aprilia.
Harley-Davidson of Scottsdale is the worlds largest Harley Davidson dealership and boasts some of the best customer satisfaction scores in the US.
Currently functioning in one of America’s nicest facilities as rated by the Harley-Davidson Retail Environment Group, Southern Thunder is a model for green building technology. The dealership is the second Harley-Davidson dealership in the country to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification and the eighth building of any type to achieve similar status in Mississippi.
Only the best need apply! We offer free motorcycle training, paid professional development and training, excellent benefits programs, and a generous PTO policy.
Check us out on Facebook and YouTube!