|General Merchandise Department Operations
- Ensure General Merchandise personnel are well trained and available when needed.
- Design displays for merchandise, which are appealing to customers. Make effective use of:
- Wall Displays
- Show Cases
- Glass Cubes & Towers
- Window Displays
- Regulate seasonal promotions (i.e. holiday display themes, fashion shows, special events, etc.) and coordinate them with other departments.
- Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of General Merchandise. Coordinate orders with P&A manager, if possible.
- Maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Assist staff when needed.
- Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for General Merchandise management, including generating and reviewing Inventory reports.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory management & control system.
- Establish procedures for ordering, receiving, logging into inventory, displaying, selling and restocking all merchandise.
- Ensure employees keep all merchandise and displays clean, well dusted, and appealing to customers.
- Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient, appealing retail environment for the General Merchandise department.
- Purchase product assortments, gauge stock movement, and devise promotions, when necessary.
Alert me to jobs like this