PARTS & ACCESSORIES ASSOCIATE JOB DESCRIPTION
The successful salesperson is an individual who is motivated from within. This is an individual who understands that we are a business of convenience. The customer buys from this dealership because it is easy – not because they have to. The successful salesman will be willing to do what is takes to put the best face of the dealership forward. Coming in early enough to make sure the department is cleaned and orderly or staying late to take care of a customer should not be a problem.
They must also understand that everything done in the department is done to obtain sales and to create a profitable department within the dealership. They must be friendly, honest and knowledgeable about the products they sell. They must learn and use the key sales fundamentals as well. In short, they must participate in a “Sales Culture” in their department understanding that the most important thing that happens in the dealership is putting cash in the register while putting smiles on the faces of the customers. Every action, attitude, display, product, and service in the dealership is solely for this purpose.
They must foster this attitude in their selves and those around them so that over time it is truly a natural atmosphere or “culture” in his department.
The following is a list of more specific duties and expectations:
· A good salesperson will be punctual without excessive absences.
· It is expected that the salesperson will follow the highest standard of ethics in dealing with both the customer and the company.
· Salesmen will make sure the showroom area is clean, free of clutter, and all displays are neat and fully stocked.
· The phone must be answered at all times, and parts customers must not be left on hold for extended periods of time.
· All sales are to be properly rung up and accounted for.
· The salesman must be familiar with and operate within the guidelines of the Parts Department daily processes and procedures.
· Salesmen will learn and utilize the sales fundamentals with every customer transaction.
· Parts employees are to ensure that the stockroom is kept neat and orderly at all times.
· Salespeople will assist the receiver in putting away stock whenever customer traffic permits.
· Successful salesmen will seek every reasonable opportunity to make the most of each selling opportunity. Upselling is an art that the salesman must master.
· Notify customers of special order arrival in a prompt and timely manner by phone utilizing the special order notification script when necessary.
· Inform management of any parts stocking or suggest stocking based upon customer request.
· The Parts Associate is instrumental in assisting the Parts Manager in conducting cycle counts and physical inventory counts.
· May be required to perform other duties as needed by the Parts Manager or General Manager.
About Freedom Powersports
Freedom Powersports currently has 14 locations, with 10 in Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas, 3 in Atlanta Georgia, and 1 in Huntsville Alabama. We will soon be expanding in our existing markets, as well as entering new markets. If you want to be part of a team whose entire focus is to improve the industry while providing endless opportunity to its team members, then you have found the company for you!
Freedom Powersports was named “Dealer of Tomorrow” by Dealer News Magazine and was recognized by Powersports Business Magazine at the AIM Expo Power 50 Awards ceremony as the number 2 dealership in North America. In 2015 Freedom was recognized by Dallas Business Journal / SMU Cox School of Business as the 4th fastest growing company out of 250,000 businesses in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX metroplex.
We look forward to hearing from you! “Find Your Freedom Today!”