Are you looking to be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced global business head quartered in beautiful Southern California? Do you want to work for a global leader deeply ingrained in the motocross and mountain biking community? Then look no further. Fox Racing has a name synonymous with motocross and mountain biking and has been a brand that has been around since the dawn of each sport. Inspired by our heritage, Fox continues to push limits, and defy boundaries with continuous innovation.
Fox Racing outfits the world’s best competitive athletes and enthusiasts with products that combine innovation and style, rooted in the brand’s original competitive spirit. Are you looking for a company rich with opportunity and growth?
We are looking for key talent who is driven by passion and competition and who are looking for challenging yet exciting opportunities in the action sports industry.
Fox Racing has a portfolio that includes product lines made for all riders including Flexair, 360, Airline, 180 and Legion Offroad for Motocross. The Fox Mountain Biking category includes collections such as Defend, Ranger, Flexair and Rawtec. Each collection is designed for the adventure of getting your crew together for an epic weekend ride. The type of adventure that will create memories for a lifetime and create the best ride ever.
Do you have the drive, adaptability and passion to be on our team? Do you have what it takes? If so, get out there and do what you’re made for.
The Outside Sales Representative will meet category objectives and overall sales revenue targets for its designated region. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling, merchandising, and maintaining inventory levels of Fox along all categories; MX, MTB and LifeStyle products to existing and potential Powersports accounts.
Essential Functions of this Role:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Make personal sales calls at established account base on a regular basis.
· Maintain weekly/monthly/quarterly sales call and travel schedule
· Work with accounts to effectively manage Fox inventory
· Manage and assist account base with merchandising, seasonal POP updates, custom POP needs, etc.
· Create merchandising plans for existing and new accounts
· Seek out prospective customers/business opportunities within existing and new accounts
· Establish and maintain customer relationships in order to grow profitable sales.
· Stay current on existing and emerging product and technologies.
· Introduce, demonstrate, and train account staff on new products
· Conduct on going product training with account staff
· Follow-up on all account needs to assure that the customer is being serviced and to document the outcome of the proposed solution.
· Generate profitable sales orders during account visits.
· Report competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management.
· Maintain ethical, cooperative manufacturer relationships consistent with company image and company goals in the marketplace.
· Attend sales meetings and product trainings to develop superior product knowledge
· Develop an effective and productive working relationship with Inside Sales Associates, Counter Sales Associates, Parts Managers, GM’s and support personnel; encourage and assist in their training and development when possible.
· Execute sales efforts in an ethical and professional manner, assuring a favorable impression of self and the company.
· Maintain a professional/working image in self and work environment including vehicle.
· Complete sales call sheets, expense reports, tracking reports, etc., in a timely basis in accordance with company policy.
· Fulfill customer needs for B2B web training, catalogs, product pricing, images, product descriptions, etc.
· Develop and maintain a sales forecast to help analyze market conditions and/or changes in assigned territory for maximum productivity and sales growth.
· Implement a sales plan to support sales and profitability goals.
· Coordinate customer warranty returns and completes proper documentation on a timely basis.
· Inform customers of all relevant company policies/procedures and initiatives. Reporting customer comments to management.
· Routinely communicates schedule to Regional Sales Manager
· Performs other duties as instructed or required to successfully complete the job.
Self-motivated and comfortable working with little to no direction
· Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions
· Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats, including sales presentations, demonstrated capability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships and work in a team environment
Subject to both environmental conditions, activities occur inside and outside
· Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, including as a driver or passenger in an automobile.
· Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh more than 25 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work:
Must be flexible with schedule
Must be available to work occasional off-hours
Must be available during standard business hours
May be required to work more than 8 hours during a workday
Significant travel within the territory
Significant travel to Fox corporate headquarters and various sales meetings
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in sales or closely related field with three years of relevant sales and/or Powersports industry experience; or equivalent combined education and on the job experience
· Proven proficiency in the use of a personal computer accompanied by a strong aptitude for technical applications
· Developed knowledge of the industry within the given market
· Experience with ADP Lightspeed or other Powersport dealer management software
· General knowledge of Motocross, Supercross, off road motorcycle riding and racing
· Strong customer service orientation
· A valid driver’s license and proven safe driving record
· Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Consumer products experience
Familiarity with and experience in motorcycle, bicycle, and or action sports apparel industry
Fox is an equal opportunity employer
About Fox Head, Inc./SHIFT Racing
Fox Racing is the global leader in motocross and mountain biking gear and apparel. We outfit the world’s best competitive athletes and enthusiasts with products that combine innovation and style, rooted in the brand's original competitive motocross spirit.