The Global Marketing Director will guide powerful brand experiences and product stories and activations across all rider touch points. This role will direct go-to-market activities from start to finish across multiple channels and regions to deliver against both brand and financial goals.
Essential Functions of this Role:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the vision for Fox Racing rider/consumer experience in Motocross and Powersports and develop short- and long-term strategies and integrated marketing plans that deliver across all rider touch points
- Lead 360-degree concept development for global omni-channel campaigns and programs ensuring a holistic approach supporting the goals of all functions and regions with amplified impact
- Define the seasonal and annual MX and Powersports marketing objectives, setting the vision and leading the implementation of successful go-to-market activities including product launch plans, product news, PR, education, marketing and promotional plans
- Partner with Global Creative Director to distill the “Why” of our brand and products to the simplest, most impactful messages that connect with consumers and differentiate our brand from competitors.
- Drive the innovation strategy and execution in partnership with senior leadership and cross functional design, development, and merchandising teams
- Drive market insights about our target rider/consumer:Own competitive positioning and messaging as well as ensure design and brand consistency through all rider touch points
- Brief creative content creation and channel communication strategies based on consumer and market insights
- Research, manage and communicate to the global team relevant consumer insights such as behavioral motivations and emerging trends
- Define the rolling 12-month, week by week tactical rider/consumer engagement calendar with defined and specific deliverables for all consumer touchpoints
- Lead and mentor a multifunctional team to deliver the execution of brand marketing plans successfully
- Partner with cross-functional marketing teams and external department stakeholders including sports marketing, design, product merchandising, visual merchandising, and sales to facilitate the complete progression from insight to product creation, consumer messaging and go-to-market executions
- Oversee annual global MX and Powersports marketing budget. Work with Regional General Managers and Regional Marketing leads to establish focused initiatives and category budget for each tactic and calendar year
- Brief and manage collateral needs that relate to all GTM and activation assets (link all asset creation back to the activation calendar to manage a comprehensive GTM rollout)
- Accountable to Key Performance Metrics and ROI – measure effectiveness of activation initiatives (engagement) and advertising (ROAS); develop optimization strategies for improving performance by channel and frequency.
- Conduct regular consumer feedback initiatives across digital, in-store, and research-focused initiatives and report findings to broader team of stakeholders
- Work with cross-functional department leaders to refine internal processes and ensure cross functional collaboration and intra-marketing team success.
- Contribute to disciplined and on-time performance of the “Innovation Trail”/PLM, Delivering against departmental KPI’s at key milestones.
- Present GTM plans to Category Directors and broader team of stakeholders at key milestone meetings.
- Demonstrated leadership capability, including the ability to motivate, lead, negotiate and influence with cross-functional teams, direct and indirect reports.
- Highest level of Integrity
- Passionate storyteller, great Communicator
- Creative and disruptive thinking
- Highly Analytical and Strategic
- Relationship builder
- Resilient and Scrappy, balancing big idea thinking and roll up the sleeves to get it done
- Ability to multi-task and process and communicate information efficiently
- This job operates within the corporate offices.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Significant manual dexterity for keying in data for long periods of time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
Expected Hours of Work:
- Must be available to work occasional off-hours
- Must be available during standard business hours
- Travel; domestic and/or international as required.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Marketing with 5+ years of experience with all
responsibilities listed above. Consumer branded products, MX, MTB and/or Action Sports industry knowledge and experience a plus
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills; project management skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain honest and effective working relationships with individuals from all backgrounds
- Self-starter – ability to define objectives, prioritize workload and produce deliverables
- Collaborator – ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to define and execute programs and build consensus for best results
- Multi-tasker – ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Strong blend of analytical, decision making and creative problem-solving skills
- Market travel required
- Assertive and proactive, this role will be highly organized and have excellent collaboration skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Industry experience
- Passion for MX, Powersports and other outdoor activities
- Technical MT product knowledge
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance:
- Valid passport
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About Fox Head, Inc./SHIFT Racing
Fox Racing is the global leader in motocross and mountain biking gear and apparel. We outfit the world’s best competitive athletes and enthusiasts with products that combine innovation and style, rooted in the brand's original competitive motocross spirit.