The Category Planner role is highly collaborative, working across multiple cross functional teams. Leadership, collaboration, facilitation and strategic thinking are critical in this role. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the management and implementation of all global demand and supply requirements for all customers and Fasthouse website. The position will be responsible for inventory planning which requires attention to detail, close partnership and proactive communication with management, sales, customer service, marketing and our product development. Primary duties include: managing a 12 month global and regional sku level forecast; issuing of PO’s, tracking of finished goods PO’s, ensuring completion of customer forecasts against sales and budget plans; proactively identify supply and demand risk; and optimizing inventory utilization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create the 12-month rolling sku/customer forecast utilizing historical data, current order book trends, and statistical models to facilitate the agreement of a consensus business plan create/review/validate rolling 12 month global and regional sku level demand signals incorporating multi-channel season demand to ensure balanced global inventory
- Must be proficient in toggling between the minute details and the high level perspective with the ability to interpret and communicate the impact to the business.
- Responsible to ensure forecast load and push to SAP is completed successfully on a monthly basis
- Own Demand to Forecast deviation review and adjustment and identification of key drivers of variances, identify risks and opportunities and challenge discrepancies
- Own the analysis that drives purchase decisions for supply and inventory planning for assigned product categories, generates purchase plans from reqs based on certain criteria, issues initial PO’s direct to vendor or to Asia Operations Planning team for consolidation and subsequent submission to vendor
- Responsible for inventory levels, safety stock analysis and settings, fulfillment strategies for assigned product categories across multiple warehouses.
- Maintain appropriate SAP master data and planning parameters
- Manage the CPFR process in collaborating with suppliers in providing a rolling purchase plan
- Own Supply Flow Management and tracking purchases that make the most economical sense
- Own the identification of materials for the quarterly inventory hold process
- Drive timely decisions and execution strategies of E&O inventory. Identify necessary sell plans and financial reserve recommendation
- Support the annual financial plan and budgeting process
- Own the Sales Analysis process – identification of risks and opportunities with the forecast to demand translation
- Tracking and reporting of KPIs and objectives
- Develop, implement and maintain dashboard reporting to support a continuous improvement of the supply chain based on metric driven decisions
- Lead cross-functional projects that positively impact company performance and are recognized by upper management
Education and Training:
- Bachelor degree in business or supply chain equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain management or planning environment
- Experience working in customer products – sporting goods industry a plus
- APICS certification preferred
- High functional competency in SAP (or other ERP) and Excel (macros and or VBA skills) preferred. SAP Business One experience a Plus
- Experience buying and forecasting in a consumer products environment
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate strong aptitude in analysis, root causes identification, and problem solving
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management
- Strong understanding of demand and supply planning processes and strategy, along with enabling systems and tools
- Exceptional understanding of departments and business practices beyond Demand Planning and how they affect each other
- Ability to extract data from multiple systems/sources and then make recommendations
- High sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Challenges the status quo and looks for continuous process improvement
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to change and thrive in ambiguous situations
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Fasthouse represents a far reaching family, all living a lifestyle passionate about dirt bikes and mountain bikes, and sharing good vibes and good times pursuing their sport.
Fasthouse is dedicated to designing and creating the best product: be it a t-shirt, a jersey, or a pair of badass riding pants. But FH has another equally important objective, to be the purveyor of good times, and a supporter of spending a day in the dirt with friends somewhere – anywhere. For FH, it’s about perpetuating the passion for a sport on two wheels from its conception back in the 60’s to today.