The Factory Store General Manager is solely responsible for the profitability and management of the Factory Store’s profit centers, including sales of parts, gear and accessories (PG&A), motorcycle service, motorcycle rental, café, sales of new and used motorcycles, and financing of new and used motorcycles. Duties of the FSGM include hiring/training/inspiring/mentoring/terminating Factory Store staff, developing and executing budgets, sales goals, and marketing plans, and crafting the overall in-store customer experience. The FSGM must be experienced, data-driven, self-motivated, and capable of managing multi-step, cross-departmental projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and monitor individual and team goals and KPIs. Find, prioritize, and implement solutions for improved ability to meet those goals.
- Permanently fix the causal issues of frustrations for customers and staff.
- Use customer feedback to continually improve our website, products and in-store customer experience by coordinating with marketing team, web content team, customer service team and product development team.
- Conduct team management activities, including disciplinary actions, annual reviews, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, decisions to terminate, and creation of incentive-based compensation plans as necessary to develop a capable team that repeatedly crushes goals and maximizes customer happiness.
- Develop long term goals and short term assignments for Factory Store staff members.
- Develop overall Factory Store budgets, sales goals, and marketing plans.
- Execute local marketing campaigns to drive measurable increases in store foot traffic resulting in new customer acquisition and growth in store revenue.
- Establish and manage used motorcycle sales and financing operations.
- Relentlessly tweak the in-store experience to increase visitor conversion rates and average sale values.
- Management of product selection, merchandising, and turnover rate of store inventory.
- Drive measurable increases in customer visit frequency, loyalty, retention, conversion rate, and average sale value.
- Craft an overall customer experience rivaling that of the Apple Store, Crutchfield, REI, and Protech Automotive Services.
- Inspire others on your team through leading by example and inspiration, not solely through institutional authority.
- Plan, manage, and execute multi-step, cross-departmental projects.
- Maintain all administrative and regulatory aspects of motorcycle rental, inspection, sales, finance, and café operations.
- Speak up. Ask for help when you or you crew need help. Openly tell senior management how something needs to change. Be the push that drives change over the finish line.
- Create and maintain the Factory Store department operations manual.
- Oversee preparation of the monthly Factory Store financial statement and financial reports to ensure it is complete, accurate and submitted on time to CEO and Financial Controller.
- Meet with the CEO and Financial Controller monthly to review departmental forecasts and ensure consistency with annual projections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have strong leadership and organizational skills, the ability to understand profit and loss statements, and the ability to manage a large, diverse staff.
- High positive energy level
- Ability and willingness to take responsibility for and make decisions
- Current Rhode Island motorcycle inspector certification is helpful; successful candidate must obtain this certification within 3 months of date of hire
- Current Rhode Island Food Service Manager certification is helpful; successful candidate must obtain this certification within 3 months of date of hire
- Outstanding copy writing skills
- Oral communication skills
- Customer relations
- Customer service
- Project planning and management
- Time management
- Basic SQL and Access query editing
- Basic HTML editing
- Excel data analysis
- 5+ years of experience in building retail sales and service teams and creating/implementing scalable training programs for teams of 5 to 10 people.
- Management experience in a motorcycle dealership environment preferred but not required.
- Management experience of a cafe' or other food service operation is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated expertise in making customers and staff happy.
- Demonstrated aptitude in creating a positive, memorable customer experience.
- Ability to use CSV files, Excel files, and Access or SQL tables and queries to analyze data.
- Extensive motorcycle knowledge, including detailed motorcycle anatomy, ability to perform simple maintenance and accessory installations, ability to identify most of the last 10 years of U.S. motorcycle models on sight, and recent, frequent participation in motorcycling as an adult. In short, you must be a motorcycle nut.
- 4 year undergraduate degree required, preferably related to business or communications.
- Fluency in Spanish, French Canadian, and/or German is helpful, but not required.
Relocation assistance available.
How to apply:
Email us a resume and cover letter describing:
- Why do you think you'll be a good fit at our company?
- What experience do you have riding or wrenching on motorcycles and scooters?
Sending us a video audition via YouTube isn't a bad idea either. Get creative. Go crazy. Tell us about yourself in your own voice.
We only hire folks that read the instructions. Please make sure you include that cover letter. It's a good idea to run spell-check too.
About Twisted Throttle LLC
We want you for the Twisted Throttle crew!
The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.