Twisted Throttle is a premier manufacturer, distributor and retailer of aftermarket parts, accessories and apparel for motorcycle enthusiasts. Our primary customers are metric adventure, sport touring, and sport riding enthusiasts, but we serve all types of two wheeled travelers. We currently seeking an enthusiastic, energetic apparel specialist to work in our factory retail store in Exeter, Rhode Island. If you thrive on solving customer's problems, building relationships, and fitting riders with the best apparel, boots and helmets for their use type and budget, this is the place for you.
Your main focus will be to create an outstanding customer experience, exceeding customer expectations by providing a combination of friendly service, technical knowledge, and awesome product selection. The successful candidate will help craft our apparel displays, merchandising plan, and in-store sales experience. Projects will include creation of unique displays and experiences for new riders, adventure riders, and track riders, as well as creation of a womens apparel area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales and Customer Experience Management
- Greet all customers with a smile when customers walk into the Factory Store
- Take enjoyment in recognizing lost-looking store visitors and helping them become happy, informed, ecstatic buyers
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers
- Assist customers in selecting helmets, boots and apparel that fits properly and is appropriate for their use and budget
- Develop knowledge of all apparel, parts and accessories merchandise
- Setup and maintain an appealing retail environment and assist all customers with their shopping and purchase of merchandise
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously
- Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise and offer additional product that may compliment the customer purchase
- Assist customers with determination of parts and accessories requirements and research merchandise in catalogues
- Call and email customers to follow up on inquiries quickly and efficiently
- Resolve customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “The Best Customer Service” and “Making Things Right” when we make mistakes
- Become a technical product expert: learn as much as you can about all leading brands in the industry
- Become a merchandising and retail science expert: attend training sessions to keep current with retail, merchandising and inventory control topics
- Meet or exceed all personal sales goals
- Inventory management and merchandising
- Help to receive incoming shipments from suppliers
- Conduct periodic physical inventory of all merchandise (counts, reports, etc)
- Ensure merchandise displays are stocked, clean, complete and appealing to customers
- Receive and tag merchandise
- Place purchase orders with suppliers as needed
- Assist in completion of markdowns and price updates
- Assist in the maintenance of store presentation according to Twisted Throttle standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Motorcycle enthusiast
- Must like people and be generally bright, positive and happy… at least after the first cup of coffee
- Interest in creating a unique, positive customer experience
- Ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction
- Ability to look up parts and quote prices for parts using proper catalogs for specific products
- Experience helping riders select technical riding gear with the right fit and features
- Experience with ADP Lightspeed or other inventory management software preferred
- Availability to work weekends
- Minimum 2 years retail experience
- Spanish and/or French Canadian fluency preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Extreme attention to detail
Relocation assistance available.
How to apply:
Email us a resume and cover letter describing:
- Why do you think you'll be a good fit at our company?
- What experience do you have riding or wrenching on motorcycles and scooters?
Sending us a video audition via YouTube isn't a bad idea either. Get creative. Go crazy. Tell us about yourself in your own voice.
We only hire folks that read the instructions. Please make sure you include that cover letter. It's a good idea to run spell-check too.
About Twisted Throttle LLC
We want you for the Twisted Throttle crew!
The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.