Do you love motorcycles? Are you curious, adventurous, and hard-working? Do you love a challenge? Are you creative, detail-oriented, and good at solving problems? Are you interested in creating written and visual content for multiple platforms, including print, web, and social?
EPG Brand Acceleration is hiring a full-time, remote associate editor to work for its two consumer motorcycle publications: Rider, a street-focused, all-brand motorcycle magazine that specializes in travel and adventure; and American Rider, a street-focused American V-twin magazine (formerly known as Thunder Press). Both magazines publish 12 monthly issues and produce content for websites, buyer’s guides, social media platforms, videos, and podcasts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Researching, writing, and revising original features, product reviews, news items, etc.
● Representing magazines at press launches, industry events, motorcycle shows, etc. (approx. 15% travel required)
● Testing motorcycle apparel, products, and accessories, including research, writing, installation, evaluation, and photography
● Copy editing, proofreading, and fact checking
● Obtaining, selecting, and editing photos and videos
● Working with freelancers to edit and prepare submitted articles for publication
● Coordinating with editors-in-chief and art director to meet deadlines and keep publications on schedule
● Planning, scheduling, and uploading content on websites and social media channels
● Developing feature and story ideas
This is a fast-paced, demanding job. You will be an integral, essential member of our editorial team, so you will wear many hats and get a wide range of experience. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, all-in candidate who wants a challenge, doesn’t give up easily, and holds themself to a high standard. This is also a rewarding job where you will get to do what you love and get paid for it.
● Motorcycle riding ability (2+ years of street riding experience, a clean driving record, and a motorcycle endorsement on your driver’s license are required)
● Understanding of the mechanical operation and requirements of modern street-legal motorcycles
● Knowledge of and interest in motorcycle technology and trends
● Strong writing, editing, grammar/punctuation/spelling, proofreading, research, and communication skills
● Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
● Motorcycle industry experience preferred
● Publishing/media experience preferred
● Bachelor’s degree in journalism, writing, or English preferred
This is a remote position, so you must be hard-working and self-motivated, with a proven ability to work from home, stay on task, and be productive.
The salary range for this position is $35,000-$45,000.
EPG Brand Acceleration offers employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k); paid holidays; and a flexible policy for paid time off.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this job. Writing samples and a proofreading test will be required during the interview process.
About EPG Media & Specialty Information
Business to business publishing company