Do you love motorcycles? Are you curious, adventurous, and hard-working? Do you love a challenge? Are you creative, detail-oriented, and good at solving problems? Are you interested in creating written and visual content for multiple platforms, including print, web, and social media?
EPG Brand Acceleration is hiring a full-time, remote assistant editor to work for its two consumer motorcycle publications: Rider, a street-focused, all-brand motorcycle magazine that specializes in travel and adventure; and American Rider, which focuses on the V-Twin scene of cruisers, events, and vintage motorcycles. Both magazines publish 12 monthly issues and produce content for websites, buyer’s guides, social media platforms, videos, and podcasts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Copy editing, proofreading, and fact checking
● Obtaining, selecting, and editing photos
● Researching, writing, and revising web posts, motorcycle news, product reviews, etc.
● Representing magazines at press launches, industry events, motorcycle shows, etc. (occasional travel required)
● Testing motorcycle apparel, products, and accessories, including research, writing, installation, evaluation, and photography
● Coordinating with editors and art director to meet deadlines and keep publications on schedule
● Planning, scheduling, and uploading content on websites and social media channels
● Managing publications’ presence on social media
This is a fast-paced, demanding job. You will be an integral, essential member of our editorial team, so you will wear many hats and get a wide range of experience. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, all-in candidate who wants a challenge, doesn’t give up easily, and holds themself to a high standard. This is also a rewarding job where you will get to do what you love and get paid for it.
● Motorcycle riding ability (2+ years of street riding experience, a clean driving record, and a motorcycle endorsement on your driver’s license are required)
● Understanding of the mechanical operation and requirements of modern street-legal motorcycles
● Knowledge of and interest in motorcycle technology and trends
● Strong writing, editing, grammar/punctuation/spelling, proofreading, research, and communication skills
● Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
● Motorcycle industry experience preferred
● Publishing/media experience preferred
● Bachelor’s degree in journalism, writing, or English preferred
This is a remote position, so you must be hard-working and self-motivated, with a proven ability to work from home, stay on task, and be productive.
The salary for this position starts at $40,000.
EPG Brand Acceleration offers employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k); paid holidays; and a flexible policy for paid time off.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this job. Writing samples and a proofreading test will be required during the interview process.
About EPG Brand Acceleration and Specialty Information
EPG Brand Acceleration & Specialty Information is a content, events and information services business with special interest B2B and B2C brands in the Powersports industry, among others. We employ approximately 50 associates with offices in Plymouth, MN, and Southern California. We enjoy a casual, family-style culture with a focus on associate and company growth.