Obsessively optimizes fill rate, inventory value, backorder quantity and delay time, order cancellation value, and inventory turn rate at the brand, bike model, product line, and SKU levels. Unburdens sales growth from the restraints of stock-outs. Coordinates with sales and marketing departments to time press releases and seasonal promotions with having the right stuff at the right quantity at the right time. Creates scalable processes and automates data entry. Builds effective teams. Analyzes market demand and prepares seasonal sales projections and preorders to suppliers. Negotiates price, terms and services rendered with shipping, logistics, and product suppliers. Oversees warehouse and shipping operations across three locations within North America.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage demand planning, sales forecasting and replenishment for assigned vendors in accordance with budgeted turn rates and growth predictions
- Monitors turn rate of skus and product lines and enacts inventory reduction plans for slow movers.
- Identifies causes of stockouts and backorders and adjusts stock levels to prevent them in the future.
- Addresses quality control problems with suppliers.
- Develops sourcing strategies to ensure business continuity and contingency planning (e.g., second sourcing.).
- Develops and refines forecasting methodologies to minimize the cost of potential purchasing errors.
- Analyzes supply chain flow, identifies bottlenecks, problem areas, and critical control points and drives innovative solutions.
- Minimizes inventory overhead cost and inbound/outbound shipping costs.
- Ensures consistently accurate inventory quantities & locations.
- Ensures that shipping, receiving, and returns accuracy and processing speed KPIs are met.
- Negotiates product costs, inbound shipping costs, and outbound shipping costs from multiple vendors.
- Provides pre-season purchasing projections and blanket orders to vendors to minimize stockouts.
- Oversees in-house production, assembly, and packaging operations, including just-in-time delivery of components for manufacturing projects.
- Supervises purchasing and warehouse departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Motorcycle enthusiast
- Ability to lead, interact and participate in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-driven environment
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-organize and manage multiple priorities
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required. Microsoft Access or SQL query building experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management or a related field
- Minimum 7 years of purchasing experience for B2C e-commerce retail, B2B wholesale, and/or manufacturing
- Previous purchasing responsibility for at least $10,000,000 – $50,000,000 in annual purchases spanning 5,000+ skus
- Thorough knowledge of sourcing, including vendor identification, research and evaluation, contract negotiation and supplier relationship management
- Experience managing both in-house and 3PL order fulfillment processes preferred
- Practical knowledge of inventory management techniques including ABC analysis and statistical safety stock dimensioning
- Experience implementing an ERP such as NetSuite to be used for streamlining sales forecasting, purchase order generation and inventory management
- High level of polish in both written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Project management experience, preferably familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Extreme attention to detail
Relocation assistance available.
How to apply:
Email us a resume and cover letter describing:
- Why do you think you'll be a good fit at our company?
- What experience do you have riding or wrenching on motorcycles and scooters?
Sending us a video audition via YouTube isn't a bad idea either. Get creative. Go crazy. Tell us about yourself in your own voice.
We only hire folks that read the instructions. Please make sure you include that cover letter. It's a good idea to run spell-check too.
About Twisted Throttle LLC
We want you for the Twisted Throttle crew!
The Company. Twisted Throttle® is an established company with a healthy growth record and a dynamic management team. Located in Exeter, Rhode Island, Twisted Throttle was founded at the cusp of the now-exploding adventure motorcycling craze and is currently positioned as one of the major players in the market. We provide premium bolt-on motorcycle accessories for the adventure, sport-touring, and sport bike markets, primarily serving European and Japanese motorcycle riders. As exclusive North American distributor for leading powersports and ADV brands (including SW-Motech, R&G and others), we also specialize in prototyping, product development, wholesale distribution, and Internet retail sales for the full line of Twisted Throttle’s house of brands.
Working Conditions: Enthusiasm for motorcycles is preferred for all positions at Twisted Throttle, as enthusiasm for any sport, outdoor, or adventure activity is key to fitting in with our passionate culture. (All new hires without previous motorcycle experience are provided opportunity to attend the motorcycle safety course and obtain their motorcycle driver's license.) Whether you are a motorcycle enthusiast or not, count on the contagion of the Twisted Throttle organization’s passion and drive. You will work in an office environment with a great management team that loves to work hard, have fun, and win!
Benefits and Perks:
- The Tame. Twisted Throttle provides competitive benefits for full time staff, including multiple health, dental and vision insurance options, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), term life insurance equivalent to one year's pay, 401k with company match, gym membership reimbursement, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), subsidized classes and convention entry for professional development, and paid time off that grows with your time at the company. AFLAC benefits, including Cancer, Life, Disability and Accident plans, are also available.
- The Twisted. Aside from awesome discounts on powersports gear and motorcycles, our culture includes a few unconventional traditions. Quarterly employee appreciation days include Nerf jousting, trips to breweries, and motorcycle release parties. Our weekly "Meat Wednesday" is a group lunch where all departments get together for fun, recognition and vittles. Our Ducati espresso machine keeps us fueled in the office, and our Moto Sabbatical rewards completing four years of service with a nine-day paid motorcycle-related trip; Twisted Crew members have ventured on two wheels to Alaska, Key West, the Alps, Mexico and more on their sabbaticals.