Reports to: Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Supervises: External Reps
Level of Supervision: Minimal
Experience / Skill Requirements:
- Knows who and can communicate with, the players in the powersports industry
- Can hit the ground running right away
- Ability and willingness to travel to visit customers and work shows and events
- Experience in product development, strategic planning, and implementation
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in written form
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and realize new opportunities
- Strong goal / results orientation
- Project management & problem solving skills
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing
Purpose of the Job / Position Summary:
The Powersports Market Segment Manager’s responsibilities include driving top line revenue growth for the assigned market segment which includes motorcycle, personal watercraft, ATV, snowmobile and marine. You will develop and execute the strategic plans for the segment and work closely with all internal groups, including Customer Service, Marketing, Finance and Shipping Operations. This position requires experience in the motorcycle/powersports market and strong product background and communication skills. The individual reports to VP Sales & Marketing and will initiate new product development strategies, development of customer value propositions, marketing programs and service strategies. It is critical that you have the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally and drive initiatives.
Other Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include building and development of new business, assisting the field sales team, identifying market and competitive trends, developing and refining relevant business value propositions to match these trends, as well as, developing marketing strategies and programs to drive growth in the segment.
Develop and leverage an in-depth understanding of customer needs within the segment.
Research and implement approved new products into appropriate product line.
Assist in development of sales support literature, point-of-purchase displays, catalog layout and other forms of sales support material – both print and electronic.
Provide technical support to consumers and distributors as needed.
Attend and participate in trade and consumer events and setting up show displays
Off-site customer training as directed.
Ability to sell consumer direct at various automotive and powersports related events
Prepare and update installation instructions, technical information, FAQ’s and MSDS.
Prepare and provide input for company website and viral marketing initiatives.
Remain flexible to change and support / suggest new ways of conducting business
Monitor and assess competitive information and maintain product cross references and price comparisons.
Continue to develop ways to grow existing base of customers.
Perform other tasks and/or related duties as assigned.
Have fun in a low stress environment
About Design Engineering, Inc (DEI)
Design Engineering, Inc. is a manufacturer and distributor of thermal tuning and sound control products (Boom Mat) , Cryogenic cooling systems (CryO2™ ), nitrous oxide systems (Ny-Trex) and performance cooling system additives (Radiator Relief). DEI sells into a wide variety of distribution channels including Performance automotive aftermarket, powersports, industrial supply, heavy equipment, aerospace, marine, RV, tractor trailer and motorcoach markets.