What to expect when you work here:
As a Merchandiser, you will be responsible for managing the store’s backroom operations by receiving products into the POS system, keeping products organized and accounted for, and helping process weekly pallets. You would also be in charge of processing damaged or defective products back to the Fulfillment Center, and reporting these items to the Inventory Control Team. Additionally, you would work closely with the management team to ensure that an adequate level of product is in stock for customer purchase, that the merchandise is properly maintained, and that the merchandise is displayed appropriately with proper signage and favorable shelf placement.
You can expect our 5 Core Values to drive everything we do.
Aim For The Podium:
- We provide an outstanding shopping experience and deliver exceptional customer service – the Merchandiser ensures this is possible by maintaining accurate inventory, ensuring proper placement and display of merchandise, and completing price updates
- Maintain store presentation according to company standards, including store housekeeping, merchandising, and retail standards. This includes the backroom and workstations.
- Maintain awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, and advertisements set forth by the Marketing Team
Take Risks; Wear a Helmet:
- It never hurts to try something new. We are always looking to grow and progress and want to hear all your new ideas.
- As a Merchandiser, the MAPP will be your guiding light to properly displaying monthly sales, but you will also be encouraged to use your creativity and try new ideas
- Don’t be afraid to fail; no one is right all the time, but you can always be well-prepared.
Share The Road:
- We take the health, safety, and wellness of our employees seriously. Our Wellness program and safety committee offers workshops, classes, resources, etc. to all of our team members
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion council and employee resource groups promote open and honest communication, remove barriers, and champion policies to build a more equitable environment
- Do the right thing, always. A friendly and upbeat personality is a must
Keep It Real:
- We’ll start you at a fair hourly rate. This role is largely focused on operations, but if you are ever scheduled to help with sales, there is a tiered commission program, plus additional incentives.
- Full Time benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Accident, Paid Time Off, 401K, and a generous employee discount
- Because a whole lot of life happens between paychecks, Comoto also offers a voluntary benefit to all team members called DailyPay which allows for secure, instant transfers of earned pay before payday. This benefit is available to all team members immediately upon hire
- We strongly value training and development – with that, your first 5 shifts will be base pay only, so you may focus on learning
Fuel Your Passion:
- Work in an industry that you are passionate about!
- We are a growing company, and we promote from within – career opportunities!
- Exciting opportunities to represent Cycle Gear at special events — International Motorcycle Show, motocross races, etc.
- We have the best customers! Riders are passionate, friendly, charitable, community-minded people, and we get to interact with them every day!
Our next Merchandiser has:
- Previous retail, inventory management, customer service or sales experience; 2+ years preferred
- Ability to work assigned schedule – Monday through Friday – in addition to occasional nights/evenings
- Strong computer acumen, writing, and math ability to count and manage inventory and control cash
- A self-starter mentality with a strong attention to detail
- An open mind, and is eager to learn and be a part of the riding community
- Experience with computers and POS systems (particularly RetailPro)
- Motorcycle riding, knowledge, or interest (not a must, but a plus!)
About Cycle Gear
Our team members are the industry's most enthusiastic and dedicated staff out there. We offer generous employee discounts and harbor a high energy and exciting work environment, because we know how to have fun! We're extremely passionate about motorcycles, riding and providing excellent customer service while cultivating long-lasting relationships with like-minded people. Comoto’s brands, RevZilla, Cycle Gear, J&P Cycles and Rever, deliver premium products, dedicated expertise, engaging media, and passionate customer support of the rider community, through best-in-class e-commerce and retail experiences.