Design Release Engineer Job Description
Are you looking to join an environment that is fast paced, challenging and consistently releasing new products into the V-Twin / Power-Sports Industry? Join our team and put your experience to work. We are looking for an individual with strong motivation, the desire to contribute and willingness to learn and grow.
Title: Design Release Engineer
Start Date: Immediate
Posting Date: 02/27/2019
Status: Full Time / Direct
Compensation: Relevant to Education and Work Experience
The ideal candidate will have the responsibilities of providing engineering design, prototype fabrication, project production launch support and customer installation protocol.
Tasks required will include:
· Initial motorcycle component product design
· Prototype validation/fitment/testing
· Production tooling/fixture design/validation/testing
· Production launch/P-PAP-1st article signoff and product lifecycle management
· Bill of material structure/production routing creation/MRP-ERP entry
· End user motorcycle component installation instruction creation/graphics
The individual should be able to translate concepts from physical motorcycle components to concepts in 3D CAD format. Must be confident in using precision measurement tools, calipers, micrometers, etc. Ability to competently disassembly/reassembly various portions of V-Twin motorcycles as required for design work. Experience in some of the following areas will aid in applicants’ consideration: photo realistic design rendering in 3D CAD, manufacturing/fabrication processes in the metal, plastics, machine tools, CNC, robotic welding or tooling industries. The ability to work on various projects simultaneously should be one of your assets.
Specific Skills Required:
· Ability to work independently and as a team under time constraints
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to interface with other departments
· Willingness to be open minded, follow project direction as guided and learn new skills
· Proficient user knowledge of SOLIDWORKS 2018 within part, assembly and drawing modes, or comparable competent 3D modeling experience.
· Solid understanding of hands on mechanical components, assemblies and practical design
· Solid grasp of Microsoft Office, and Excel specifically
· A keen eye and attention for details as well as organizational skills
· Experience within graphic design or programs a plus, but not necessary
· Letters of recommendation to be considered when available
· Experience in Motorcycle, Automotive, or Aerospace design a consideration
· Bachelors degree in field of mechanical engineering desired, but practical experience will be considered in its place.
To get an idea of who we are, please visit: http://www.cobrausa-vtwin.com or on Instagram: Cobrausa
Please submit for review: Cover letter, resume, as well as any available letters of recommendation.