Chaparral Motorsports in San Bernardino, CA is calling all Managers with experience in Operations & Visual Merchandising to apply to join our amazing retail team full-time!
The Manager, Operations & Visual Merchandising leads a team of colleagues who are responsible for ensuring the merchandise in their Chaparral Motorsports Store is ready for the customer to shop. This role leads all activities from receipt of product to ensuring the product is floor ready or stored in back stock location for customer purchase. These activities include merchandising, product movement, price changes, signage, visual execution and event set-up. The OVM ensures that customer SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) are met for order readiness and shipment from stores driven by product fulfillment. Performs other duties as assigned.
ABOUT CHAPARRAL MOTORSPORTS
With over 40 years in the industry, we know a thing or two about motorcycle gear, tires, and motorcycle parts. We are the premier store for every type of riding, including motorcycles, street bikes, and dirt bikes. Our highest priorities are to operate ethically and honestly in every aspect of our business, take accountability and responsibility when needed, provide the utmost respect to our staff and customers, and treat every interaction with complete transparency.
We have cultivated a staff of motorsport enthusiasts. Our team relishes in the ability to share exciting experiences, talk about project ideas, exchange bench race banter, and dream about future rides and excursions with our customers. In addition to our fun culture, we provide our employees great benefits and competitive pay.
Essential Functions as Operations & Visual Merchandising Manager:
- Drive sales and profit results by leading and developing strategies and appropriately planning/executing workload on the following: pricing, signing, visual execution, merchandise execution, event execution.
- Monitor merchandise flow, incoming receipts and reverse logistics activities to accurately plan staffing/schedules – drive Supply Chain Initiatives in-store.
- Ensure adequate staffing and weekend compliance to ensure completion of work and SLAs for Fulfillment, BOPS (Buy Online, Pick Up in Store) are met.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, including visual signage, key item placement, and seasonal fashion trend statements; lead sales event set-up.
- Direct and organize the receiving and processing of all merchandise receipts; drive leadership to ensure back of house standards are maintained.
- Analyze merchandising reports to review business results and develop appropriate strategies to capitalize on business strengths and impact deficiencies.
- Direct and organize merchandise receipt placement, replenishment and sales promotion set-up; plan, execute and lead floor/fixture moves, merchandise placement and presentation.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports; establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues.
- Utilize review process as a tool for Colleague talent development, promotion and advancement.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively present to management and internal and external business partners, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Do you have a proven track record of stability? Are you a self-motivated problem solver? Do you keep your workspace clean and organized? Are you a team player with good communication skills? If you answered yes, apply now using our initial quick and easy mobile-optimized application.
About Chaparral Motorsports
Chaparral Motorsports® is recognized as one of the largest motorcycle accessory and vehicle dealerships in the country. Chaparral Motorsports now encompasses a 160,000 square foot footprint. Started as a family motorcycle parts business, Chaparral Motorsports® has developed into a multi-line motorcycle and ATV dealer, offering Honda®, Yamaha®, Kawasaki®, KTM®, Suzuki®, Can-Am, Victory®, Polaris® and Kymco ATV's, motorcycles, and utility vehicles. Check www.Chaparral-Racing.com for more news and information.