Chaparral Motorsports, an authorized Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM, Suzuki, Can-Am, Polaris, and Kymco dealer is seeking an A/B level Motorcycle Technicians to join its service team.
- Test operate vehicles before or after repairs
- Repair or adjust motorcycle subassemblies, such as forks, transmissions, brakes, or drive chains, according to specifications.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Connect test panels to engines and measure generator output, ignition timing, or other engine performance indicators
- Listen to engines, examine vehicle frames, or confer with customers to determine nature and extent of malfunction or damage
- Reassemble and test subassembly units
- Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, or generators
- Remove cylinder heads and grind valves to scrape off carbon and replace defective valves, pistons, cylinders, or rings, using hand and power tools
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers
- Disassemble subassembly units and examine condition, movement, or alignment of parts, visually or using gauges
- Hammer out dents and bends in frames, weld tears and breaks; then reassemble frames and reinstall engines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least 2 years of motorcycle dealership experience
- Any Certifications from Honda, Yamaha, KTM, Kawasaki, CanAm, Polaris A PLUS!
- Dependable and self-motivated.
- Valid drivers license with motorcycle endorsement
- MMI or equivalent training
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources. read specifications, read schematics, read technical drawings, read vehicle manufacturer’s specifications, obtain information from clients, customers, read work order, instructions, formulas, or processing charts
Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
About Chaparral Motorsports
Chaparral Motorsports® is recognized as one of the largest motorcycle accessory and vehicle dealerships in the country. Chaparral Motorsports now encompasses a 160,000 square foot footprint. Started as a family motorcycle parts business, Chaparral Motorsports® has developed into a multi-line motorcycle and ATV dealer, offering Honda®, Yamaha®, Kawasaki®, KTM®, Suzuki®, Can-Am, Victory®, Polaris® and Kymco ATV's, motorcycles, and utility vehicles. Check www.Chaparral-Racing.com for more news and information.