Carolina Coast Harley-Davidson is currently looking for a Motorcycle Sales Associate to join our team today! We are looking for outgoing personalities and driven sales people to assist our customers. As a Sales Associate, you will be responsible for providing each customer, whether they are a novice or seasoned rider, with the best Harley experience while maintaining strong product knowledge. We are passionate about motorcycles, riding, and providing excellent customer service while cultivating long-lasting relationships with like-minded people!
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle sales to customers by using current proactive feature benefit sales techniques.
Key Result Areas
- Motorcycle Sales
- Customer Service
1) Sales Department
- Attain new and used motorcycle sales quota.
- Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and solicit sales of all products.
- Present the features of all products to customers along with their benefits.
- Show each customer advantages of products over competing brands.
- Maintain the computerized inventory control system along with net profit objectives which eliminate the possibility of “lower than anticipated” profits.
- Cross sell additional parts, accessories, HOG memberships, F&I products, Warranties & service contracts etc. with all new and used vehicles.
- Maintain profit margin objective for all vehicle sales.
- Follow procedures to ensure timely and proper completion of all paperwork.
- Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including tagging and proper storage of these items.
- Continually learn more about the products and services you sell. Stay current on motorcycle trends and selling features.
2) Customer Service
- Follow the C.U.S.T.O.M. sales process. (learned through H-D)
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Ensure customers are properly qualified for needs, wants, and ability to buy.
- Practice a feature / benefit selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business.
- Use a common and consistent quotation methodology for vehicle sales, trade-ins and purchases.
- Conduct a road test, and pre-delivery inspection prior to delivery to customer.
- Ensure the delivery to customer is an “EVENT” which endears the customer to the dealership.
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and sales department issues.
- Cultivate prospects (e.g., showroom customer follow-up, phone-in inquiries, past owners, etc.).
3) Other Duties
- As assigned
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base
- Knowledge and/or experience in sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them
- Able to initiate or demonstrate strong personal sales to function independently and as a part of a team
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- Able to pass pre-employment background checks and MVR
- Must have a valid driver’s license (motorcycle license)
- Must have the physical ability to balance, push and ride heavy motorcycles
- Tuesday – Friday 9am – 6pm, Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 11am-5pm (every other Sunday)
- Base Salary + Commissions ($26,000 – $100,000+)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off (vacation and sick time)
- Dental insurance