Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
· Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
· Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve this “efficiency” skill.
· Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
· Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager.
· Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
· Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
· Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
· Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
· After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
· Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
· Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
2) Customer Service
· Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
· Keep customers’ vehicle cleaner that when it was dropped of.
3) Other Duties
· As assigned.
· No Supervisory Responsibilities
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
· Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience
· Current Motorcycle license.
· Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools within 2 days of hire. See list of required tools on page three.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to keep balance and push large motorcycles.
· Requires the use of both hands.
· Frequently requires to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 75 lb. of material.
· Heavy work exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and / or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and / or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move motorcycles and other objects.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.