Job Title – Service Consultant
Department – Service Department
Supervisor – Service Manager
Intakes customer vehicles, diagnoses problems and service needs, schedules work, assigns jobs to service technicians and communicates job status to customer.
Key Result Areas
· Service Department Operations
· Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
· Assist Service department manager in maintaining a smooth running efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Diagnose problems accurately, and clearly describe them on the repair order.
· Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate them to customer.
· Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts before job starts.
· Perform cashier functions, as needed.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
· Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including and proper storage of these items.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management
2) Customer Service
· Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
· Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Avoid making commitments which can not (or likely will not) be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
3) Other Duties
· As assigned
· No Supervisory Responsibilities
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· Superior communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
· Knowledge and experience with servicing Harley-Davidson/Buell motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
· Experience with point-of-sale and Parts and Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
· Current, valid motorcycle license.
· Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
· Occasionally requires the ability to lift 50 pounds of material.
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a motorcycle.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or airborne other particles.
About Buddy Stubbs Arizona Harley-Davidson
At Arizona Harley-Davidson customer service and satisfaction are our first priority. The Buddy Stubbs team provides customers with only the highest quality products at reasonable prices. We are committed to promoting the sport of motorcycling while increasing the awareness of Harley-Davidson® products and services.
Following an extensive racing career, which included winning the Daytona 100 mile race in 1963, Buddy Stubbs started Arizona Harley-Davidson. On July 16, 1966, Buddy Stubbs Arizona Harley-Davidson became the Valley's only Harley-Davidson franchise.
In the past 48 years, the population in the Phoenix metro area has exploded to over 4 million people. Although five other dealerships dot the landscape, Buddy Stubbs remains the only Harley-Davidson dealer within the City of Phoenix. Our store, originally located on McDowell Road, moved to 13401 N Cave Creek Road in 1985 to better serve our customers. In March of 2005 we relocated into our current 47,000+ sq ft dealership at 13850 N Cave Creek Road (1.5 miles north of Cactus on the West side of Cave Creek Road).
Buddy Stubbs continues to own and operate the business with the help of his two sons, Frank and Jack. Buddy Stubbs and team realize customer satisfaction is top priority when running a successful business.