Biggs Harley-Davidson in San Marcos California is looking to hire technicians. We are looking for entry level and experienced technicians who are motivated and want to get paid top dollar for their talents. We provide excellent medical, dental, life insurance plans. We offer continued education through Harley Davidson University. Applicants must have graduated from MMI or have experience working at a Harley Davidson dealership. Other requirements include a valid motorcycle license, clean driving record, quality workmanship and a great work ethic.
Summary Description: Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motorcycles.
Preferred experience: All experience levels will be considered.
|Repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motorcycles efficiently.
Key Result Areas
- Motorcycle repair
- Motorcycle service
- Accessory installation and upgrades
Major Duties and Responsibilities
||Service Department Operations
- Provide prompt, dependable, high quality work.
- Complete work efficiently and with a high attention to detail.
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
- Accept work assignments from Service Writers and Manager.
- Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
- Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
- Assist Service Writer, when requested with estimates, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notify Service Writer/Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known.
- After jobs are finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
- Keep work areas clean and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
- Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned.
- Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
- Return customers’ vehicles cleaner than when they were dropped off.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Completion of a factory authorized training program through MMI or equivalent work experience.
- Current Motorcycle license and clean driving record.
- Flat Rate Technicians need to provide basic and special tools to properly diagnose, repair and service all Harley Davidson motorcycles. See Service Manager for required tools.
- Entry level technicians may be given a tool agreement and have tools provided.
- Work in a loud environment.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift up to 80lbs.
- Frequently requires the ability to ride and push any Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Alert me to jobs like this