Battlefield Harley-Davidson in Gettysburg, PA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Service Manager with background in the motorcycle industry to lead our Service Department. You will oversee all operations of the Service Department while focusing on high degree of customer satisfaction, achieving financial goals and profitability. Manage service staff through excellent communication and coaching abilities to ensure a smooth running efficient Service Department. Exhibit strong prioritization and organization skills, and be process driven.
Manages employees and operations of the service department.
Key Result Areas
· Service Department Operations
· Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Service Department Operations
· Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
· Ensure service department contributes an acceptable level of gross $ net profit.
· Maximize productivity levels of service technicians.
· Ensure service personnel are alert, well trained, and available when needed.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Establish procedures to initiate and forward all customers paid, warranty and internal repair
· Develop procedures in conjunction with the Parts Manager that ensures a smooth flow of parts
to Service Technicians during jobs.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and
· Ensure employees keep a clean, efficient, and orderly department.
2) Customer Service
· Maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and
demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
· Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service
· Give special attention to repeat orders to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Maintain service follow-up programs.
· Grow the volume of service work.
· Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
· Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the Parts & Sales departments.
· Maintain efficiency reports on sales representatives.
· Provide reports to General Manager, as requested.
· Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with General
· Attend training sessions to keep current with service department issues.
4) Other Duties
· As assigned
· Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all employees.
· Monitor and address all comebacks with individual technicians.
· Establish job assignments for all service employees within their skill levels.
· Set policies and procedures for service department.
· Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
· Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and termination employees.
· Maintain records of all employees performance reviews.
· Ensure appropriate training is provided to all service employees (seminars, workshops, sales
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all service personnel, maintaining positive
relationships with customers, employees, other managers, General Manager and Dealer
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
· Demonstrate an interest in growing the service business.
· Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· 3 years progressive experience within the service department of a motor vehicle
· Prefer knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other
products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
· Experience with point-of-sale and parts & service management computer software or the ability
to quickly learn due to experience with other systems.
· Current, valid motorcycle license.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
· Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach and lift 80 lb. of material.
· Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 800 lb. motorcycle.
· Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
· Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic
materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
· Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
About Battlefield Harley-Davidson
Battlefield Harley-Davidson is a full service Harley-Davidson dealership located in Gettysburg, PA. We offer all aspects of the Harley-Davidson experience including Motorcycle Sales, General Merchandise, Parts & Accessories and Service.