Battlefield Harley-Davidson in Gettysburg, PA is looking for an experienced Parts/Service Manager with a background in the motorcycle industry to lead our team. Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations of the Parts and Service department in order to maximize profitability through excellent leadership, communication, customer service, inventory, and time management. Must exhibit strong prioritization, organization, and process skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Parts Department Operations
· Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient P&A department.
· Ensure P&A personnel are well trained and available when needed.
· Ensure the needs of the service department are being met.
· Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of Parts & Accessories.
· Maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
· Assist staff when needed.
· Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory management and control system.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service & parts management
· Establish procedures for ordering, receiving, logging into inventory, displaying, and selling all merchandise.
· Ensure employees keep a clean and orderly department.
· Generate and review Inventory reports from Dealer Information System.
2) Service Department Operations
· Ensure employees keep a clean and orderly department
· Provide prompt, dependable, high quality vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
· Ensure service department contributes an acceptable level of gross $ net profit.
· Maximize productivity levels of service technicians.
· Ensure service personnel are alert, well trained, and available when needed.
· Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
· Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
· Make estimates for internal and wreck repairs.
· Establish procedures to initiate and forward all customers paid, warranty and internal repair
· Develop procedures in conjunction with the Parts Manager that ensures a smooth flow of parts to Service Technicians during jobs.
· Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
· Ensure employees keep a clean, efficient, and orderly department.
· Employ sound management practices to ensure parts and service departments contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit.
· Maximize return on investment of parts inventory.
· Grow the volume of Parts and Service sales.
· Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
· Develop advertising and promotional campaigns for parts merchandise.
· Develop promotional campaigns for service in conjunction with the Parts & Sales departments.
· Provide reports to Dealer Principal or General Manager, as requested.
· Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with Dealer Principal or General Manager.
· Attend training sessions to keep current with P&A merchandising, inventory control issues, and service department issues. (P.A.C.E., HDU, etc.)
· Maintain service follow-up programs.
· Maintain efficiency reports on service technicians.
4) Customer Service
· Provides superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
· Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
· Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude and demonstrate our commitment to Superior Customer Service.
· Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to staff and customers.
· Estimate length of time to receive any back-ordered parts and clearly communicate it to customer. Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
· Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the service department.
· Give special attention to repeat orders to ensure the situation is corrected.
· Plan and execute “exceptional” promotions to bring both “new and existing” customers into the dealership on a regular basis.
· Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the workload of all employees.
· Establish job assignments for all Parts and Service employees within their skill level.
· Set policies and procedures for Parts and Service department.
· Monitor and address all comebacks with individual technicians.
· Assist Dealer Principal or General Manager with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
· Manage and maintain records of employee performance and reviews (evaluate and council).
· Provide training for all parts and service employees (seminars; workshops; sales schools, inventory mgmt., etc.).
· Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
· Model superior customer service behavior for all parts and service personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, other managers, GM and Dealer Principal.
· Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
· Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
· Demonstrate an interest in growing the parts and service business.
· Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
· 3 years progressive experience with service and parts department of a motor vehicle dealership.
· Experience with retail sales and inventory management.
· Prefer knowledge and experience with servicing or sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
· Experience with Point-of-Sale and Parts & Service management computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to general knowledge and experience with computers.
· Current, valid motorcycle license.