Marketing and Events Coordinator will Plan, create and execute marketing, advertising, events, social media, website and departmental product promotion activities, consistent with the goals and objectives of the dealership.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of the dealership’s marketing plan; also
maintains routine updates of the marketing plan.
- Conduct market research activities and analysis and establishes data management to
improve the dealership’s marketing efforts.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the dealership’s marketing,
advertising, and public relations activities.
- Organize community & dealership events for the dealership, such as fashion shows, bike week, open houses, motorcycle rides, & charity events; also organize HOG chapter activities.
Develop and manage annual marketing budgets, regularly monitors expenditures, and
prepares summary assessments and reports.
- Monitor and analyze marketing promotion results to determine effectiveness of each
- Work with department managers to create departmental marketing plan each year.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with marketing techniques.
- Responsible for maintaining the dealership social networking sites.
- Help customers with tour and travel advice/information, finding accommodations, i.e.:
hotels/motels/campgrounds, travel routes, local points of interest.
- Complete understanding and adherence to Harley-Davidson PAM/MAP policies.
Responsible for taking dealership photos and uploading them to social media and
Advertising & Promotion
- Direct and coordinate production of advertising and promotional spot announcements,
press releases, direct mailings and online publications to customers.
- Create, review and/or oversee television and radio spots, online ad’s, newspaper, magazine
advertising, and other promotional publications.
- Write and edit promotional and informational materials, such as press releases, brochures,
newspaper and magazine advertisements, and online publications.
- Professionally promote the dealership’s products and services to attract new customers
and/or target markets.
- Authorize information for publication, such as interviews with reporters or articles
describing activities of the dealership.
- Work with department managers to create Ad’s and Promotions for departments monthly.
Social Media & Website
- Launches and grows presence on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Works cross functionally to ensure social media goals align with dealership goals.
- Writes and curates content designed to engage followers and promote the brand in a positive way.
- Creates and executes social media campaigns to promote the brand and dealership.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to any complaints, questions and comments left on the dealership’s social media pages in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Continuously monitors site analytics to see what types of content followers respond to the most and adjusts the strategy accordingly.
- Prepares reports to update internal staff on usage statistics.
- Responds to requests for information from the media.
- Writes press releases or other media communications to promote the dealership.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, rider groups, or public interest groups.
- Plans and directs development or communication of programs to maintain favorable public perceptions of the company’s accomplishments.
- Develops public relations strategies that will influence public opinion or promote ideas, products, or services.
- Updates and maintains content posted on the Web.
- Prepares and edits organizational publications for internal or external audiences.
- Arranges public appearances to increase product or service awareness or to promote goodwill
- Contact customers using mailing lists, tickler files and personal follow-up to encourage additional sales, maintain customer relationship, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Greet customers as they enter the store immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly and courteously, record messages or forward call.
- Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all marketing personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, general manager, and owner(s).
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field.
- 2-3 years of related experience, prefer experience and/or training in promotional activities.
- Prefer knowledge and experience with marketing of Harley-Davidson motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Excellence communication Skills both oral and written.
- Project management
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Photoshop
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends