Greets service customers, intakes vehicles, writes and processes repair orders, schedules and manages service appointments. Maintains communication throughout repair process with customer and technician. Explain, in detail, completed repairs to customer. Answer all service related questions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Service Department Operations
• Assist General Manager in maintaining a smooth running, efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Accurately and clearly describe all customer concerns, descriptions, and notes on the repair order.
• Estimate costs and completion times at write up. Clearly communicate them to customer.
• Review work-in-progress and update customer frequently.
• Work together with other departments and employees to exceed all customer expectations.
• Determine/Verify items needed and correct part numbers, check availability and input them on repair orders.
• Ensure all repair orders are easily understandable to Technicians to promote Service Department efficiency.
• Perform cashier functions
• Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including collection and tagging of warranty parts through filling out warranty paperwork.
• Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management
• Accurately flag labor time on all repair orders.
2. Customer Service
• Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Handle telephone transactions informatively, and courteously.
• Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
• Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
• Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
• Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
• Avoid making any commitments that are not realistic or potentially will not be met. Set customers’ expectations to a level where they will be met or exceeded; under sell and over deliver.
• Give each customer your undivided attention during the repair order write up process.
3. Attendance & Attitude
• Be on time in your assigned work area and available to work your entire scheduled shift.
• Avoid all unnecessary personal interruptions or socializing.
• Promote productivity by limiting unnecessary interruptions of Technicians.
• Keep a positive attitude towards your job, customers and other employees at all times.
• Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
• Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
• Strive to improve team moral by proposing positive solutions, and having a “be a part of the solution, not the problem” attitude.
• Be prompt and available for scheduling. Must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
• Maintain up to date technical qualification by completing all training programs assigned by the General Manager.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Must have a valid California Drivers License, a motorcycle endorsement is encouraged but not required.
• Superior communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Proficient computer skills (Lightspeed NXT knowledge and other dealer software is a plus)
• Demonstrate attention to detail.
• Desire to exceed customer expectations.
• General understanding of mechanical/technical terms
• Drug Free
Physical Demands & Safety Protocols
All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
• Must interact with customers, converse with customers more than 65% of their shift.
• Must have the ability to walk and stand up to 65% of their shift.
• Must have the ability to stoop, kneel or crouch up to 65% of their shift.
• Must have the ability to work with their hands up to 65% of their shift, including pushing, pulling, reaching, handling and feeling.
• Must have the ability to lift up to 100lb. of merchandise.
• Occasionally requires the ability to balance, push, and ride a 1215lb. motorcycle.
• Employees must have the ability to adjust focus, have clear close and distance vision, the ability to distinguish colors and depth perception.
• Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
• Exposed to loud noises
• Employees could be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals up to 65% of their shift.
• Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
About B&B Cycles
B&B Cycles is a locally owned Honda, Yamaha, Can-Am, Sea-Doo, and Husqvarna powersports dealership who has served the Victor Valley since 1972. We sell and service anything from dirt and street bikes to generators and lawn mowers. Located at 13815 Park Ave in Victorville next to the 15 Freeway gives us a convenient location with easy access to all of the Victor Valley.
About B & B Cycles
Honda, Yamaha, Can-Am, Sea-Doo and Husqvarna powersports dealer. Serving the Victor Valley since 1972.