**Candidates MUST be able to commute into Urbandale, IA 2-3 times a week**
The New Product Development Manager for All Balls Racing is responsible for leading the development and execution of a New Product Development strategy that meets or exceeds revenue and profit targets by identifying, sourcing and introducing new products, launching new products in the company’s vertical markets and expanding the company’s global market product offerings.
- Lead, coach and guide assigned team of reports.
- Maintain and grow existing product lines through introduction of new SKUs that address gaps in coverage.
- Lead introduction of new, complementary product lines.
- Establish timeline and execute action plans for the release of new products.
- Assist Marketing in various activities required to support new product launches.
- Clearly communicate new projects in terms of total investment, profitability and potential risk.
- Properly balance staff time between resourcing projects and NPD.
- Onboard, release and establish growth plans for AEP existing brands and product lines as required.
- Stay current with industry trends and products through event attendance, online forums, product groups, etc.
- Work with Supply Chain and suppliers to drive timely release of new parts. Address need for new suppliers and qualify as appropriate.
- Provide Supply Chain with launch forecasts and replenishment expectations to ensure new products are replenished and not undersold or overstocked.
- Aid NPD process development efforts as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing or Engineering.
- MBA beneficial but not required.
- Product development experience required.
- Previous management experience required.
- Experience working with international teams.
- Strong understanding of aftermarket replacement parts industry desirable.
- Knowledge of how distribution and dealer networks operate.
- eCommerce experience desired.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with PIM and ERP system business applications.
- Agility and Netsuite knowledge a plus.
- ERP reporting skills desirable.
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge of AEP product line.
- Working knowledge of quality management systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Heated and air-conditioned office.