Inside Sales Representative – Metric
Location: Boise, Idaho
Status: Salary, Exempt
Salary: Base plus Commission (Commission rate is based on dollars sold, account base & years of service)
Western Power Sports is seeking an ambitious, sales-driven Metric-enthusiast to join our busy Inside Sales team. As a member of the Inside Sales team, you will maintain current business as well as identify and secure new business to effectively sell products to established dealerships.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for motorsports, an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the power sports metric market and a proven sales record in the industry. You must also enjoy working in a fast-paced, sales driven environment and possess the ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with a wide variety of personalities. Highly qualified individuals will have at least 3 years of Inside Sales experience, coupled with at least 1 year of dealer and industry-related experience.
If you’re a self-starter who enjoys working independently, have strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills, and you excel at meeting and overcoming sales challenges, this is the opportunity you’re looking for!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, dealer resellers, business directories, Internet Web sites, and other industry sources
- Make outbound follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail
- Handle inbound sales calls and successfully converts calls into sales
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers
- Provide up-to-date product information to customers via company catalogs and the company website
- Emphasize salable features, calculate profit margin opportunities, quote prices and credit terms and prepare orders for sales obtained
- Implement and execute company selling system to the customer base
- Estimate date of delivery to customer by following up with appropriate department resources
- Attend and participate in department business meetings, training and trade shows to acquire product knowledge and expertise
- Build and maintain customer relationships by providing world class customer service.
- Investigate and resolve dealer problems with deliveries, invoices and other general accounting inquiries
- Travel to and attend trade shows and/or WPS sales meetings
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A passion for powersports, motorcycles and everything related REQUIRED
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of power sports product and/or industry and dealer knowledge REQUIRED
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of inside sales or telemarketing experience PREFERRED
- Must be a self-starter, motivated to close sales and succeed on the Inside Sales team REQUIRED
- Must truly enjoy working with, and further developing, dealer relationships at all levels to deliver world-class customer service.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, proportions, gross margins, discounts, etc. REQUIRED
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organization skills, with a strong sense of accountability and follow through REQUIRED
- Familiarity with an AS400 Order Processing system or VAI order processing is PREFERRED
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and the Internet is REQUIRED
WHY JOIN US?
- US ONLY: Get paid early through Dayforce Wallet – access your earned paycheck, with getting paid up to two days earlier than your regular payday.
- Benefits: employee assistance program, voluntary benefits, basic life & AD&D, FSA, HSA, vision, dental, medical. Benefits become effective on the first of the month following the date of hire.
- 401(k) with employer match for full-time and part-time employees
- Paid time off (PTO), Volunteer time off (VTO) for full-time and part-time employees
- Holidays: 8 paid Holidays
- Corporate values, mission and purpose: we live by our core values every day, our values include:
- Do the Right Thing
- Communicate Openly
- Be Resourceful
- Be Adaptable
- Strive to Be Better