Salary Range: $69,300 - $104,000
Field Technical Manager
Location: Timmonsville, SC
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it’s a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of “power” that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize “the joy and freedom of mobility” by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a “zero environmental footprint.”
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda’s, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
The Field Technical Manager (FTM) role supports the Powersports dealer network to establish Honda brand value, customer, and dealer satisfaction. Maintaining and promoting customer retention and repurchase of Honda Powersports products by providing in-person and TechLine support to Honda dealerships. FTM’s are responsible for prompt reporting of technical issues and resolutions in the market for further follow-up review by the Quality Center staff.
· Provide in person technical support to protect the customer, dealers, Honda brand Image and reduce lemon law risks
· Resolve product issues working with the Customer Service and Tech Line teams while providing timely reporting of product issue and resolutions back to the QC
· Support Techline function through taking in-bound calls during scheduled shifts
· Administer customer goodwill and manage warranty claim authorization/processing
· Provide manpower as needed for warehouse projects, special investigations and other events or projects when requested
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
· 3 years minimum Powersports dealership experience (service operations and/or management) required
· Extensive experience in the repair and servicing of Powersports products
· High School graduate, Votech, Trade school, and/or OE powersports mechanics technical training.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Management desired
· Strong Technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to operate Powersports products
· Strong understanding of dealership business operations
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Basic PC skills including MS office programs
Additional Position Factors:
· Workstyle: On-Site
· Travel: 50% – 75%
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and makes us an employer of choice?
· Competitive Base Salary
· Annual Bonus
· Representative Lease Car Program (No Cost – Car, Maintenance, and Insurance included)
· Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
· Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
· 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
· Relocation assistance
· Advancement opportunities
· Career mobility
· Education reimbursement for continued learning
· Training and Development programs
· Wellbeing program
· Community service and engagement programs
· Product programs
· Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.