Alpinestars’ is currently seeking a detail-oriented person to fill a position in our Product Support department. This position will work in our repair facility and will support the company by providing intake and repair services.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with ability to observe and apply craftsmanship techniques. The candidate will be working collaboratively with our technicians and support team and will be hands-on repairing products, including racing boots, jackets and other gear.
Job Activities include
- Supporting customers’ requests, implementing, and developing the consumers’ plan for the repair/return of the item
- Proposing the most adequate type of support for customers claims, evaluating claim requests, identifying the nature of the product defection and or validating the warranty
- Following support activities according to receiving initial shipments, claim evaluation up to their complete fulfilment (interacting with support team, warehouse, outside vendors)
- Using tools to repair motorcycle and auto racing products
- Evaluating appropriate support for claims on products and product returns, coordinating with involved department, following defined guidelines and asking for approval, when needed/for specific exceptions
- Inspection of returned products, providing information on product status and (in case of claims) intervention for repair, proposing the most suitable and feasible solution on the product
- Repair of products
- Preparation of repair orders and communicating status updates in computer system
- Preparation or completed products for shipment
- Various activities in repair shop including (but not limited to) cleaning and restocking, light maintenance of machinery to maintain good working order
- Ability to observe, listen, learn and execute independently
- Attention to detail
- Entry level computer skills (Outlook, basic Excel and Word)
- Nice to have – tailor work experience, but not a requirement
Physical requirements/Work conditions
Position is based in a non-climate-controlled warehouse environment with moderate noise levels. This role routinely uses machinery and hand tools. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work and precision hand tool usage. Regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The job may require lifting up to 35 pounds and long periods of standing while working.