Alpinestars USA is looking to hire a dynamic leader to manage the Motorcycling Category Sell Through business. You will be responsible for the achievement of Alpinestars sales objectives by managing field sales resources, sales channels and sales program initiatives in line with the brand position strategy. You will be responsible for providing training, motivation and leadership to Alpinestars dealer developers and distributors reps as well as distributors regional and national managers.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
- Regular IT skill is required: excel, pivot table, power point, word, outlook.
- Travel on a regular basis with sales representatives (both distributors’ and Alpinestars’) in their respective territories to assist with business development. Expect to spend 80% of the time on the road.
- Use all sales reporting and sales management tools to achieve sales objectives in the most efficient way.
- Help develop the sales forecast (annual, quarterly, monthly), manage the team to meet or exceed regional sales budget and profitability goals.
- Serve as management liaison between distributors and dealers/key customers to become the reference point for them.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with the dealers’ network and understanding their needs.
- Act as primary field liaison in assisting with the design and rollout of sales merchandising, processes and programs.
- Identify emerging markets and market trends and shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Manage all aspects of employee performance, quarterly and annually, as well as the professional development of each sales representative on the field.
- Provide sales motivation, training and leadership for the distribution team and for the dealer developers.
- Manage all activities of sales personnel, including establishment and implementation of regional sales business plans and on-going support for each sales territory.
Sales Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Sell to Customer Needs
- Sales Planning
- Build Relationships
- Manage Processes
- Market Knowledge
- Develop Budgets
A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in sales required, with at least two years sales management experience. Retail or consumer products experience preferred. Familiarity with the powersports and action sports apparel industry helpful.