Desoto Honda has an opening for an experienced Service Technician to join the Team! Enjoy excellent pay, benefits, performance incentives at a dealership where your skills will be recognized and rewarded.
• Diagnose and repair powersports products: Polaris, Honda, Suzuki and Can Am motorcycles and side by sides.
• Diagnose & repair powersports systems including engine, transmission, electrical, suspension, etc. to factory specifications
• Used vehicle evaluations
• Accessory installations
• Continually learn new technical information & techniques by completing online and in-class training per manufacturer guidelines. This training is provided by the company
• Explain mechanical diagnoses/required repairs in non-technical terms to service advisors & customers
JOB SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Previous motorcycle dealership technician experience of at least 2 years.
• Ability to read technical diagrams
• Experience with diagnostic tools
• Basic customer service skills
• Basic computer skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Required to balance and push up to an 800 lb. motorcycle
• Ability to operate powersports vehicles
• Prolonged periods of standing, stooping, and bending
• Exposure to battery acid, gasoline, cleaning chemicals and various other materials common to a powersports dealership
• Exposure to exhaust fumes and occasional airborne particles
• Basic tools (mostly metric, and some other specialty tools)
• Valid driver license with motorcycle endorsement
• Employee discount on vehicles, parts & accessories, and service work
• Paid time off
• Paid training with (but not limited to) Honda, Suzuki, Polaris and BRP
• Health insurance
Relocation assistance available to the right candidate.