Responsible for leading the design, development, and validation process for Off Road Vehicle (ORV) closure systems (doors, windows, roof, misc. cabin components) from concept to production. Responsible Engineer will work closely with Project, Test, Validation, and Manufacturing Teams to ensure the closures sub-system are meeting key deliverables and achieving industry leading standards. Will support closure system integration for existing and/or new ORV products, help execute the ORV product plan, and provide technical solutions to meet the consumer’s needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and maintain original specifications, DFMEA, and DVP&R
• Supports component design, styling, purchasing, and manufacturing to ensure the closure systems components are meeting required specifications.
• Supports the validation and manufacturing strategy for closure system variants from concept through production.
• Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the whole goods and accessory product planning groups.
• Determines the ideal component manufacturing method to ensure overall design, performance, and cost goals are met.
• Collaborates with designers and engineers inside and outside the team.
• Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems.
• Completes design tasks in the Polaris Release System and ensures their timely release.
• Works closely with vendors for the development of new accessory offerings.
• Leads and participates in design reviews on assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement.
• Analyze field problems for closure systems and determine corrective actions.
• Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE SKILLS &KNOWLEDGE:
• Required-B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• 5-8 years related design or system engineering experience.
• Strong mechanical aptitude with desire to drive vehicles for development and testing purposes.
• Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package required, CREO preferred.
• Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) package preferred.
• Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software preferred.
• GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work with and travel to domestic and international technology partners.
• Self-starter that thrives in a fast paced work environment.
• Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
U.S. work authorization; no work visa or residency sponsorship available for this job opening
Polaris Industries Inc. designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high-quality, off-road vehicles (ORVs), including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, Victory and Indian motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.