Salary range: 65K – 75K
The Accessory Product Specialist will lead the product development and event marketing of Suzuki Genuine Accessories and ECSTAR Oil & Chemicals. This includes the creation and management of new accessory product as well the presentation of these products through industry and dealer events. Study and analyze parts and accessories pricing for Suzuki Motorcycle & ATV Products.
- Develop and update annual/seasonal product to increase both dealer and retail sales. Focus on strategies that align with the overall Parts & Accessories department goals. Coordinate with the internal departments and field sales staff on key product needs.
- Work in conjunction with the Parts & Accessories Sales Specialist to assist in determining existing product life cycles and create opportunities for expansion in the product line. Primary focus is on soft goods and collectibles along with select categories of hard part accessories.
- Establish strong vendor relationships with all existing Suzuki suppliers while continuing to build new business contacts. Responsible for negotiating pricing, minimum order quantities and quality. Works alongside vendors to provide resolutions for any accessory discrepancies related to quality, fitment, shipping, packaging, etc.
- Planning and execution of the event marketing strategy that will introduce and highlight all Suzuki Genuine Accessories and ECSTAR Oil & Chemicals alongside our MC Sales Department. This includes creating product displays, promotional giveaways, print material, and other items that create a strong presence inside the Suzuki event area.
- Represent the Suzuki Genuine Accessory and ECSTAR Oil & Chemicals line at industry events providing features and benefits as well demonstration of the product as necessary.
- Complete benchmark price studies for competitive OEM and aftermarket products to evaluate Suzuki’s competitive position within each industry.
- Complete internal price studies for parts and accessories to maintain consistent dealer prices and profit margins to support the Parts & Accessories Department sales and profit plans.
- Provide support to the field sales and service staff on technical questions related to installation, materials, and fitment of the accessory line.
- Generate internal and external communications to the Suzuki dealer network and Suzuki staff regarding new accessories and related activity. This includes dealer bulletins, email, and related communication.
- Willing to travel approximately 20% of the time to support industry events across the U.S. as well as conducting dealer and vendor site visits.
- Provide support to other department projects and staff as needed.
Scope of Authority
- With the support and general guidance of the Parts & Accessories Sales Manager, the Accessory Product Specialist acts independently on most daily procedural decisions, including workflow control, project management and coordination with internal staff.
- Interaction with external suppliers includes vendor sales reps, agencies, and suppliers at various levels.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in motorcycle accessory development and/or procurement. Prefer candidates with powersports trade show and/or related industry event experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, or related field.
Must possess strong knowledge of the powersports industry including both motorcycles and ATV’s with a focus on the accessory market. Solid written and oral communication skills are necessary to interact at various levels of the organization as well as with vendors, dealers, and consumers. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and react quickly in a rapidly changing environment. Effective time management skills including taking initiative to lead new projects with limited direction and balance various tasks. Basic mechanical skills for installing and test fitting accessories on motorcycles and ATV’s. Experience working with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook while willing to learn new programs and software as necessary.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field.
3-5 years: Motorcycle accessory development and/or procurement.
Prefer candidates with powersports trade show and/or related industry event experience.
About Suzuki Motor USA, LLC
About Suzuki Motor USA, LLC
Suzuki products have been distributed in the United States since the 1960's. Headquartered in Brea, CA, Suzuki Motor USA, LLC. has nearly 130 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. servicing our motorcycle networks. Suzuki Manufacturing of America, Inc. operates in Georgia with over 100 team members assembling Suzuki ATVs. Suzuki Marine USA, LLC operating in Tampa, FL, has about 100 employees in the office and in the field across the U.S. marine dealer and boat builder networks. While Suzuki stopped selling autos in the US market in 2012, Suzuki Motor Corporation remains a leading manufacturer and distributor of automobiles globally. Although part of a larger organization, we offer a small company feel and work life balance. As new staff join the company and we prepare for future successors, we are proud that over half of our staff at Suzuki Motor USA, LLC has been together ten years or more.