Western Power Sports has positions open for Street Product Manager located in Boise, Idaho! This position is required to be 100% on site.
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with 3% Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance / AD&D Rider
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Office Gym
The Street Product Manager is highly knowledgeable in the Street product category and collaborates with senior Managers, as well as multiple internal resources and Management stakeholders, to develop a winning strategy for the category.
This role, in conjunction with senior Managers, is responsible for daily oversight of assigned Street vendors and internal resources specific to the category. This position is responsible for product selection, implementation to market and category profitability. The Street Product Manager assists in planning, organizing and ensuring the product category meets the standards of the company, exceeds company goals in product performance and customer satisfaction, and meets or exceeds expected sales performance.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Street Portfolio management Provides input to the category Management to analyze performance of sales volume; may add/remove products to the category; may add/remove SKUs to the inventory system; works to analyze market trends and competitor activity; assist with product mapping; provides assistance for product launches; works with the Data and Catalog teams to maintain catalog and online fitment information and accuracy of data.
Street Inventory Management working with Purchasing and Logistics to maintain a healthy inventory that delivers ROI to meet AOP objectives; determines end-of-life strategy and oversees the disposition process of discontinued products; uses dead and excess inventory data to devise strategies for end-of-life sales opportunities and to remove/rotate in-network distressed inventory.
Street Supply Chain/Purchasing assists with sales forecasting for the purpose of purchasing and logistics planning; in conjunction with senior Managers and Purchasing, ensures timely planning and order fulfillment in support of market research, trends, and product launch strategies; follows up with Purchasing to ensure timely delivery of parts/inventory to committed orders; works with Sales and Purchasing to devise inventory strategies, placement and allocation of product to maximize fill rates and ROI; works with suppliers and DC OPS team on continuous improvement opportunities in areas such as packaging and shipping methodology; works with Purchasing on maximizing best minimum order rates, freight rates and policies and other cost saving opportunities; ensures sufficient quantities are on hand for product launch events.
Vendor Relationships & Strategic Partnerships a key resource in maintaining optimal vendor and partner relationships; in conjunction with senior Managers, participates in vendor negotiations, and ensures inventory commitments and pricing are aligned with market demand and corporate AOP objectives; works with Purchasing and vendors on special buys and payment terms for promotional or seasonal projects
Market Research & Marketing assists with market research to ensure product strategy and product portfolio is aligned with market needs and corporate business goals; works with Marketing to ensure the product category is correctly positioned in the marketplace, that printed collaterals and online information is accurate, timely and available to the consumer; works with Sales and Marketing in the development of merchandising, advertising sales incentive programs to drive sales volume and profit targets; provides necessary and relevant communication to/from dealer and sales team constituents; manages marketing content for the category within the CMS database; works with suppliers on POP and in-store merchandising programs.
Catalog Merchandising & Content assists with management of content for catalog production, including gathering of accurate product data and images; loads all assets into the CMS for catalog production; works with the Catalog team to ensure product placement and presentation in the catalog is appropriate, accurate and contemporary; continuous oversight to prevent errors in catalog iterations.
**REQUIRED** SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors Degree is PREFERRED but prior work experience combined with some formal education will be considered as an acceptable alternative.
- 2+ years of previous product management experience and training.
- A strong background in the powersports industry in a sales, dealer or business management capacity is highly PREFERRED.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office applications, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint and MS Outlook is REQUIRED.
- 2+ years of experience with an ERP; inventory system and other tertiary programs.
- Highly organized, with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to perform data analysis for market trends, compose business forecasts and calculate profit margins.
- Creative problem solving and negotiation abilities to solve complex issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to both develop and maintain customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
- Ability to work independently and produce high quality work without immediate oversight.
- Ability to use sound judgement in recognizing scope of authority in responding to problems.
About Western Power Sports
Work hard. Play hard – WPS and the FLY Racing Culture
For 60 years, our motto at Western Power Sports has been "Work hard. Play hard". We are the home of FLY Racing , a group of powersports enthusiasts who are passionate about the brand, the lifestyle, and the value we bring to the world of powersports through our extensive product offerings and dealer network. We value a competitive drive to succeed and the desire to be THE BEST. We strive to offer our customers the best products, fastest delivery, and the ultimate customer service experience in the powersports industry, one customer and one order at a time, every time. We seek talented individuals who are passionate about life and bring that passion and energy to their work! If you have the skills, the talents and the experience we need, we would love to hear from you!