Performs quality repairs, customizes, maintains, and overhauls both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality. Continually improves skill level through training, minimizes repeat repairs, maintains productivity as close to 100% as possible and maintains clean facilities.
Compensation: To be determined based on experience and technical level
Key Results Areas
– Service Department Operations
– Customer Service
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Service Department Operations
– Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
– Practice good safety procedures
– Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible. Continually improve efficiency
– Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
– Accept work assignments from Service Writer/Manager.
– Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
– Perform service, repair, and customization work in accordance to factory or Arizona Harley-Davidson specifications.
– Assist Service Writer, when requested, with writing up work orders, communicating with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
– Follow designated test route.
– Notify Service Writer / Manager of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
– After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
– Keep work area as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
– Maintain technical (Professional Harley-Davidson and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by Management.
– Financially responsible for damage to internal/external motorcycles with managers discretion.
– Dyno tune motorcycles. Experience with all industry leading tuners.
– Minimize comebacks and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
– Report damages immediately to service manager or writer
– Keep customer vehicles as clean as possible.
– Other Duties, As Assigned.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
– Completion of a factory authorized formal training program or equivalent work experience.
– Current Motorcycle license.
– Completed PHD (Professional Harley-Davidson Training).
– Able to read schematics, diagrams and manuals.
– Able to use and read measurement tools, such as digital tech
– Able to use various hand tools.
– Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own a set of tools.
– The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
– Requires the use of both hands and legs.
– Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 40 lb. of material.
– Frequently requires the ability to balance, push and ride an 800+ lb. motorcycle.
– Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
– Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
– Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
ABOUT BUDDY STUBBS HARLEY-DAVIDSON
About Buddy Stubbs Arizona Harley-Davidson
At Arizona Harley-Davidson customer service and satisfaction are our first priority. The Buddy Stubbs team provides customers with only the highest quality products at reasonable prices. We are committed to promoting the sport of motorcycling while increasing the awareness of Harley-Davidson® products and services.
Following an extensive racing career, which included winning the Daytona 100 mile race in 1963, Buddy Stubbs started Arizona Harley-Davidson. On July 16, 1966, Buddy Stubbs Arizona Harley-Davidson became the Valley's only Harley-Davidson franchise.
In the past 48 years, the population in the Phoenix metro area has exploded to over 4 million people. Although five other dealerships dot the landscape, Buddy Stubbs remains the only Harley-Davidson dealer within the City of Phoenix. Our store, originally located on McDowell Road, moved to 13401 N Cave Creek Road in 1985 to better serve our customers. In March of 2005 we relocated into our current 47,000+ sq ft dealership at 13850 N Cave Creek Road (1.5 miles north of Cactus on the West side of Cave Creek Road).
Buddy Stubbs continues to own and operate the business with the help of his two sons, Frank and Jack. Buddy Stubbs and team realize customer satisfaction is top priority when running a successful business.